Wednesday, August 20, 2008

80s and 90s music

Lately I have been on an extreme "retro" music kick (retro for me at least, in my miniscule twenty something years on this earth). Instead of going through headache and irritation trying to download this stuff (some of it is extremely hard to find because the artists have fallen off the planet), I've just been simply looking up these songs on YouTube. In doing so, I have made two playlists, one for the 80s and one for the 90s. Some of the quality of the sound on these songs is pretty shitty, but some of it is really good.

If you would like to visit my YouTube channel (I specialize in ripped biology videos), click here
I always have active sharing on, I always am open to receiving messages and crap, it's fun.
Anyway, here are my playlists so far (I will update slowly). Some of the songs are from the late 70s, but it's close enough:

80s Music

1. Snow - Informer
2. Genesis - That's All
3. Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
4. Madonna - Material Girl
5. Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
6. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
7. Bananarama - Cruel Summer
8. Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
9. Duran Duran - The Chauffeur
10. Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen
11. Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
12. Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
13. Madonna - Into The Groove
14. Police - Message In a Bottle
15. Police - Roxanne
16. Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
17. Sade - Smooth Operator
18. Soft Cell - Tainted Love
19. Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
20. Tears For Fears - Shout
21. Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
22. Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth
23. Michael Jackson - Beat It
24. Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
25. Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana



90s Music

1. Ace of Base - All That She Wants
2. Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
3. Savage Garden - Break Me Shake Me
4. Savage Garden - To The Moon And Back
5. La Bouche - Be My Lover
6. Mr. President - Coco Jambo
7. Livin' Joy - Dreamer
8. Gloria Estefan - Turn The Beat Around
9. Madonna - Secret
10. Reel 2 Real - I Like To Move It
11. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
12. Green Day - Longview
13. Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
14. Sublime - Date Rape
15. Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
16. Jennifer Lopez - Let's Get Loud
17. Le Click - Tonight Is The Night
18. Fugees - Killing Me Softly
19. Lauren Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
20. Ace of Base - Young and Proud (demo version)
21. Ace of Base - Young and Proud (live) - I cannot seem to find the regular album version
22. Savage Garden - Carry On Dancing
23. Rockell - I Fell In Love - the video is kind of crap, but it's one of those rare ones
24. First Base - Can You Keep A Secret - okay, about this one, I couldn't find it on YouTube, so it's not technically in the playlist. But it's definitely an important song in my past, so it belongs here, no matter what form it's in



As you can probably tell, Ace of Base was a fundamental staple in my growing-up diet of pop music. I will freely admit that I still like them a lot. I don't care what anyone thinks. If you agree, all the power to you.

I will not be noting editions when I update this list because that would take way too much space. It would also be extremely annoying for me considering compiling the list after the fact was enough work.

EDIT: Go me. Soon after composing this list, I discovered that you can embed playlists in HTML. Why the hell do I figure these things out after I compose this shit? Well, I'm not erasing my lists. I worked hard on them so enjoy, godammit.
EDIT of an EDIT: Okay well the writing out of the songs is good because they are in order, allowing anyone to know what order the songs are in. Kind of like the track listing on a CD insert, heh

No comments: