Thursday, September 17, 2009

my notemachine

So, I bought myself a netbook. I have been watching other people in class, and I was thinking about how much my hand hurt, and how much faster I am at typing than I am at writing. I want to bring my big laptop to class, but there's the fact that the desks are the size of a piece of paper, and can never fit a binder. This netbook is almost exactly the same size as the desks. Not to mention that the lecture halls are generally super crowded, so this will take significantly less space. Not to mention the fact that my other laptop has other unnecessary programs it loads up at startup, which I don't need if I am just taking notes. I am amazed at how quickly and comfortably I can type on this thing. It's great.

The netbook is an Acer Aspire One. It's got a 160GB hard drive (which is very impressive for such a little thing), but only has 1GB of RAM. It's got a 1.2GHz Intel Atom processor. It's a 10 inch screen, and the keyboard isn't full sized, but I have no problem using it. It's running Windows XP, because Vista is such a behemoth that you need minimum 3GB of RAM to run it. So, XP it is. It also comes with 3 USB ports, a VGA port, an SD card reader, a webcam and built in mic. The battery, when I unplugged it from the power, the timer said it was going to last for 3.5 hours, which is perfect, since next semester I might end up having 3 hour classes. I can charge it on lunch break. It's super duper convenient, and it will be a new friend for me. Along with my Blackberry, it can come with me to school and keep me company.

No comments: