Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hrmm...

I haven't updated for a while. I have been busy with life. Plus, not very much advancement in computer software and such. I've basically been sticking to the same old. I have enjoyed downloading and burning movies lately, although it can be difficult considering I don't have unlimited bandwidth (fuck Rogers). I will be starting school soon, so I will likely have even less time unfortunately. Plus apartment hunting.

I bought a cooling dock for my laptop today. It's a Belkin, and it does a pretty good job. It lowered the internal temperature by 10 degrees (Celcius). I really have to find the right spot to place my laptop on it because it doesn't have any way of affixing to the laptop, it just has rubber pads where you're expected to place it. It works better when the laptop is sitting on a desk, though, which is annoying since I am fond of sitting on a couch with my laptop. Oh well, it does the job. It lowered the temperature from 70C to 60C, according to my sensors. It felt freakishly hot to the touch, which is what inspired the purchase in the first place.

No comments: