Wednesday, February 13, 2008

*crash*.. Navizon, MobileScrobbler, #G7 again, and Second Life

Today, #G7 is being a cockface. It's not letting me log in. I was testing out a new server connection to the EFnet network, and connected and reconnected. Obviously, it logged me out. Now the fucking message bot won't accept my login info. It's not doing anything.

On another depressing note, I updated some of the software on my iPod touch. Two programs that were updated were Navizon GPS and MobileScrobbler. Navizon has decided to be a bunch of fucking tools and has decided to charge from now on for use of this program ($29.99 or something stupid). Which is bullshit. I fucking hate when companies revert to charging for previously free software. It's so fucking lame. Oh well, I guess I will just have to figure out how to downgrade.

The other program, MobileScrobbler, is very important to me. It is the whole reason I jailbroke my iPod. Last I tried, it was not working. It was not loading my information. But, I tried it just now and it's working. I really hate the changes they've made though. I was miffed at the last version that I couldn't see what songs are in the queue. Now I can't even see how many songs are in the queue! Hell, I can't even edit my information! Edit: Apparently I wasn't looking hard enough. The settings for MobileScrobbler are in the iPod's general settings

I also found something called Second Life today, courtesy of Wired Magazine. As far as I can tell, its an avatar chat thing. It takes place in a virtual world which is seemingly complex and strange. I haven't even skimmed the surface yet. But, I have changed my character's appearence (he's a male furry with bright magenta hot pants, a tight black shirt, and garter style fishnet stockings). I can't for the life of me figure out how to get back to Orientation Island and get the fucking guide window back up. It's extremely annoying. I will figure it out when I have spare time. I've already spent way too much time dicking around here on the computer.

By the way, here is the link to the story which enlightened me about Second Life: LINK

No comments: