Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sound in Flash fix!

I am extremely happy. I finally figured out how to get my sound for Flash in Firefox! I have been having this problem since I started using Ubuntu, and it's pissed me off severely not being able to watch YouTube videos people link me to. But I fixed it! The simple fix? Downgrade my Flash plugin to version 7 (as opposed to the newer version 10). I can now watch YouTube! The only problem is, I've noticed, is that some sites prompt me to update my Flash before I can view certain content. I am not at the point of caring yet though. I would rather be able to watch YouTube videos (as well as other videos). I will update my Flash plugin the day there is an update that fixes the initial problem. Until then, I am not touching it. Although this causes me to wonder what the fuck they did to it to screw it up in the first place. Shouldn't updates fix problems and not cause them? It doesn't seem right that an older version of something works better than the newer version.

1 comment:

Jake Hammell said...

"It doesn't seem right that an older version of something works better than the newer version."

You're right, but try telling that to Windows.

Oh Snap.