Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Post-Christmas and end of year

So, since I last posted, I have managed to acquire a little bit of technology as a result of Christmas. First of all, I got a new digital camera that actually works! It's a Canon Powershot, and it's 10 megapixels. It's nice and compact, and has a nice three inch LCD on the back. It's lovely. Especially since it runs on battery pack, which means no more fucking around with batteries! One of the reasons why my old camera was virtually unusable is because it would drain a set of batteries in a matter of (literally) five minutes of taking pictures. I have no idea why, but it was ridiculous. I have also posted several hundred pictures to Facebook (okay I am exaggerating a little bit) and they're lovely. I took a picture of the piece of bread stuck in the front grill of my car (don't ask, I have no idea) and I could make out the little flecks of missing paint on the grill that I didn't even really notice were there.

Another piece of technology I got was a Wii! The lovely, wonderful coveted Wii, heh. Also with the Wii I got Wii Fit, which also is a very coveted thing. I've had lots of fun with the Wii so far. I definitely need more games to go with it, since sports and exercise can only be so fun, but I downloaded some games from the Wii shop. I got Super Mario 3, Bomberman Blast, and Earthworm Jim. I was so excited to play Earthworm Jim again, I loved that game as a kid. It was awkward though, I need to get the classic controller. It will make old school games so much easier. I haven't tried Bomberman Blast yet, but I've always wanted to own a Bomberman game. I played one once and it was really fun. By the way my console's Wii number is: 0922 9397 6441 6181

The biggest piece of technology I got for Christmas, however, was a new laptop. Oh yea, it's going to be awesome. It comes loaded with Ubuntu, which I always told myself was absolutely mandatory for my next computer. I wish I had it already. It's a Dell Inspiron, and Dell is taking their sweet ass time manufacturing my laptop. The website says "In Production" but the ship date was supposed to be Christmas... it's been in production since then. I don't get why they would say Christmas if it was going to be like a month late. I would have rather had them give me a date much later than the actual ship date. At least I won't get pissed off that way. And if you're going to have a shipping tracking website, why not update it? The shipping page for my laptop has been the same since a week before Christmas. I've never been impressed with Dell's shipping. My family has ordered many things from Dell, and it's always the same shit over and over. You can never rely on any dates they give you. No matter when we order stuff, it never comes on time for the occasion in which it is being gifted for. It's actually really goddamn annoying.

Anyway, there is my brief update on my Christmas acquisitions. Let's hope my laptop arrives soon! Oh did I mention that it is going to my dad's house? So even when it is shipped, I still won't yet have it.

No comments: