Monday, April 21, 2008

Ubuntu wireless problem

After all kinds of messing around with my wireless adapter in Ubuntu, I have given up. It seems, the right answer being the most simple, that my wireless adapter simply is not compatible with Ubuntu. I should have known, I have a hard enough time finding drivers for the thing for Windows, nevermind Linux. It's also a very old piece of hardware (well, in computer years it is). It also wasn't very popular. So, here is what I did (taken from a post I made on The Linux Forums):

"I decided to go on eBay and buy a wireless adapter I know is compatible with Ubuntu (I checked on the Ubuntu site). I got a D-Link DWL-G122 wireless adapter. It has not come in the mail yet, but I am hoping it will be here this week. I paid only $21.14 CAD for it, which includes shipping and handling and all that."


This will hopefully work, and hopefully I can install the new adapter properly. Another bonus is that this adapter is also compatible with my router (it's the same series of products, as well as same company obviously).

The next problem for me to tackle after this will be the Bluetooth. This crappy cordless mouse I am using now isn't going to cut it permanently, and I like my keyboard. No one seems to know how to solve my Bluetooth problem though. We'll see...

No comments: