Thursday, December 27, 2007

i absolutely hate iTunes

So, it's taken me like two hours to get songs on my iPod, not including transferring from my old iPod. Most of the problem has to do with the lack of ability to select a large amount of songs to click and drag to the iPod and transfer. It would be very simple if it just used the Shift+click command that most computers use, but they decided to make it really stupid. It took me 1.5 hours to get the songs to start synching to my iPod (the first half hour trying to get the fucking songs in the library).

Another really annoying thing is the fact that you "register" your iPod through iTunes. As usual, it's proven to be a completely unreliable vehicle for such a transfer of information. I have been getting the ridiculously vague message "We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later". As a result of not being able to "register" my iPod, it will not allow me to view the music on the iPod, and therefore, I cannot verify that it's all there.

I have also been experiencing very sporatic messages on the actual iPod as to what it is doing. Right now, it is syncing, according to iTunes, but according to the iPod, it's not doing anything. Do I sense a bug? Or is it just the fact that my iPod isn't "registered"? I'm not sure exactly how many resources sending information to the Apple server would use. The only thing iTunes asks for is my Apple ID and password, which would give them all the other information.

I have a lot of respect for Apple. The iPod touch is absolutely brillant. But someone in the iTunes department needs to be fired. Possibly multiple people. Especially the people who decided the iPod needs to be synced with iTunes, or else your life will be made a living hell. Or they at least need to make it so that you can sync the iPod in a Windows based program.

No comments: